Monday, March 9, 2009
Dreaming for children
One of my most heartfelt dreams is for my children to find joy. As a "mama bear" when someting comes along that threatens that, it takes all that is within me to not act the part of the "wild thing". Within the last 24 hours, 3 of my children have had their joy injured or threatned by others or by circumstances. It breaks my heart to see them in pain. It breaks my heart to hear them cry. It devestates me to know that the things they believed to be one way are another. I want to jump in and fix things, yet I know that is not what is to be done. I now have to sit back and let them each work out that which is awry and simply "be there". I have such big dreams for each of them. Some of them very materialistic and things I want to give them. But mostly for each of them to know how much they are loved. How proud I am of them. How much confidence I have that if they will simply stay focused on what the long term, big picture is they will make the choices that will be the most glorifying to God and the right path for each of them. Oh how I want to reach out into each of their worlds and just make the pain go away. I'd like to interfere. But I won't. I'll continue to dream dreams for them, give them to God for His blessing, guidance and comfort. I'll silently let the tears fall in the dark and know that without pain there is no growth. Without lessons there is no learning. Without the struggle, the butterfly would not survive outside the cocoon. The wings would be withered and frail. Yes, I dream for strength and joy for my children. God has a plan. He knows that plan. It is a plan to prosper and not harm them. My dream for my children is in His hands tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment